Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Realizations

Good morning to all!  I am happy to be in the comfort of my warm apartment, while I hear the wind howling outside...not a good time for a semi-decent hair day.

I have been going over and over in my head this idea about blogging.  What is so fascinating about it?  I am still not really sure, but after reading the first chapter in Nicholas Carr's The Shallows, it all hit me.  Carr writes how the internet has changed the way humans think and process words.  "Reading" a book has transformed into skimming the page for the important information; humans want things fast, simple and easy.  In a world where people remember celebrities' birthdays and not the date Christopher Columbus came to America, I can see how blogging is an outlet for individuals.  It allows them to post information for their viewer's to see, or get input and advice about a difficult subject.  I have never been one to post responses on forums online or comment on the New York Times' news articles, but a lot of the time, I read other people's comments and find the answers I am looking for.

I think I am going to enjoy this whole blogging process.  I already feel more organized and confident about this journey I am beginning.  Blogging is going to be a lifestyle now, not just simply writing words into a text box.

Write to you all on Sunday!
Brittany :)

No comments:

Post a Comment