Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What I (Don't) Know

I don't know how to check a book out from the library on campus.
I know how to scan my own groceries at Kroger.

I don't know how to make lasagna from scratch.
I know how to put a Lean Cuisine Low-Fat Shrimp Scampi into the microwave for 3 minutes.

I don't know how to build my own fire.
I know how to turn up my thermostat to high and plug in my electric blanket.

I don't know how to start a conversation with a stranger in person.
I know how to avoid a conversation with a stranger in public by putting in my earphones.

I don't know how to give basic driving directions.
I know how to turn on my GPS, which will never fail me.

I don't know how to speak two languages.
I know how to type in what I'm trying to translate into an online translator.

I don't know how to take good notes in class.
I know how to pull up the PowerPoint presentation on my computer that the teacher posted after class.

I don't remember important historical events and people.
I know exactly what Kim Kardashian is doing right now because she just posted on her Twitter.

I don't know how to write in cursive anymore.
I know how to type over 100 words per minute.

I don't know why I don't know these things.
I know it is a dilemma that is only going to get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment